Prevent switching back to MagicInfo source?

• 1 Replies

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
Prevent switching back to MagicInfo source?
« on: September 06, 2011, 02:36:11 PM »
Hi there!

Is it possible to prevent a 460-MX 3 display form switching back automatically to MagicInfo source, when no other input source is attached?

One of our displays is located in our conference room and normally displays MagicInfo contents. MagicInfo is also its start-up source. Sometimes people get distracted by the changing contents during a meeting. We tried to change source so that nothing would be displayed (no other source connected), but the display keeps switching back to MagicInfo.

Is there any possibility to prevent switching back or any key combination to just "turn the display black"? I know, turning the display off also works, but that wasn't the kind of solution I'm searching for...  ;) ... but many it's our only possible option?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sabrina

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Prevent switching back to MagicInfo source?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:06:16 AM »
Hi

I don't know if you are aware there is a function to make the screen go black with the magicinfo still running underneath.

It is controlled via MDC - in the "panel" column the default is "yes" but you can change it to "no" which blanks the screen (black) until the main timer reboots the screen or you set it back to "yes".

This can also be used to do some remote desktop work on the screen without anyone being aware (via vnc).

I am not aware of a key combo that can do what you need unfortunately.

Hope it helps

EricL