Large server storage even if I delete the contents in Magic info

• 3 Replies

Offline osarmux

Large server storage even if I delete the contents in Magic info
« on: February 08, 2024, 11:30:25 AM »
Good morning:
The storage I have on the server (100 Gb) is filling up. I have tried deleting in Magic Info everything that I do not use (schedules, playlist, content, ...).
Everything I delete I also delete from the corresponding bin and still no space is freed up on the server.
I think the contents are being saved in a temporary folder on the server or something similar.
Could someone help me, please?
Thanks in advance.

Offline nvergara

Re: Large server storage even if I delete the contents in Magic info
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 03:06:47 PM »
Hi, you should try checking 2 things:

1) Check in the server this folder MagicInfo Premium\runtime\logs, this folder usually uses a lot of storage, just delete the old logs.
2) Check in your MagicInfo Web in the "contents" section the "Recycle Bin" you should empty it, also check this "Recycle Bin" in your playlists and schedule sections.

Of course make sure you have a snapshot of the server or a security copy before you try this.

Hope to solve your problem

Offline osarmux

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 10:16:17 AM »
Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

All the "recicle bin" (content, playlist, scheduled and ruleset) are empty.

I will check the logs folder as you tell me, this Wednesday, which is when the admin server comes, to see if I can solve it.

Thanks again for your help.

Offline osarmux

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 01:46:03 PM »
Good morning:

I have already managed to solve it.

The Magic Info logs folder didn't take up much space.

Investigating the server where MagicInfo is located, it turns out that almost 40 Gb were occupied in temporary files (C:\Windows\temp) generated mostly by problems with the antivirus.

I have also discovered a folder in the path "Magic Info Premium\upload\pop\report" with files that appear to be simply logs but that occupy more than 13 GB. For now we have left it untouched because we have not had time to do a previous backup, but apparently we could delete them without problems.

Thanks for the help. All the best.