SBB-B64DI4/EN was normally formatted with W10 setup and no boot option after

• 3 Replies

Offline arrowpwn

Hello,

I have an issue with SBB-B64DI4/EN which is connected to Samsung DM75E TV. Someone donated the setup to our firm, but they didn't give us the operating system CD's of SBB-B64DI4/EN. I saw the display recognize the SBB-B64DI4/EN but nothing is shown. At startup shows an black screen like an DOS terminal (see screenshots). It looks like someone made an HDD format with an standard Windows 10 usb installer. I tried to install Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry, but the device doesn't recognize the USB flash drive anymore to run the setup. Meanwhile I observed that I can not enter BIOS to set the UEFI USB Port to be a primary boot option. Where I can find the proper OS and how to install it. The Samsung-DM75E uses MagicInfo app to get connection with SBB-B64DI4/EN.
The previous owner told me the TV+SBB worked well for him, seems not for us. Currently we use the TV as external screen for video-conference connected with HDMI cable to an laptop.

PS: Official Samsung Romania recommended to buy another device, even if is Discontinued manufactured, but I do not want to pay 1000$ for an old device which can be reinstalled with the proper OS.

Best regards, Teodor. I expect response, even if it is negative.

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Teodor,

Indeed these are old types of SBB. Perhaps you can try different Windows versions that are then fully working on the SBB.
Then you can use the I-Player app to connect to MagicINFO.

You can also use a leftover PC or Laptop to run the application MagicINFO I-Player to replace the SBB. This will most likely cost you less.

The best is to find of course the original CDs but this you should request via Samsung support or indeed your local contact point.

Kind regards,
Pepijn.

Offline arrowpwn

Hello Pepijn,

Big thank you for your advice. I will replace the device with an standard PC with stand alone Windows OS and I will install on that MagicINFO app.

Best regards, Teodor.

Offline SaDiKoFF

• Super Guru
Hello, if the SBB have an original SSD then you have to enter into recovery mode. SSD have a hidden partition for that recovery.
If The SSD is new then you have to get original image and copy to USB and perform image recovery. SOME Samsung's Service Centers have access and know how to do that.
SamsungĀ“s SBB have an advantage over standard PC that you can turn On or Off from the Screen without damaging the OS.