Screen switches itself off

• 14 Replies

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Screen switches itself off
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »
Hi

so did Samsung fit a new PSU to your screen?

Sometimes a couple of our screens just revert back to the desktop for no apparent reason that we can see-always seems to be the same screens that do it..

First we know of it is when someone tells us or it is noticed the connection is incorrect in the server management software (and whose got all day to sit and stare at that in case there is a problem)?

Thanks

EricL

Offline fernt

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 02:21:26 PM »
Hi Eric,

They haven't fitted a new PSU yet, but they are due to send somebody to do so on Monday. Dealing direct with Samsung has been a nightmare - I contacted them both last week and earlier this week about the problem, was told both times that an engineer would call me back within 2 days to talk about the problem - only for them to completely forget to do so. It was only me being a bit shirty on the phone this morning that seemed to get them moving, although the service centre whose number they gave me were ten times more helpful.

Not sure why your screens would revert back to the desktop - even if they're turning themselves off, it's likely that it would go back to displaying the MagicInfo software.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 03:32:38 PM »
Thanks fernt

yes, they go to the desktop instead of the player-very odd  ???

As for Samsung support-at the moment it is abysmal-the number we usually call to get help with screens has been changed to a call centre in India who keep putting me through to the AV department who appear to have no idea what an LFD/Digital Signage Screen is and keep telling me it's a television! Twice we have arranged a call out and nothing happened. Not only is the service when you do get through appalling but we have to wait 20 minutes each time whilst some bloody awful distorted tune plays over and over again  >:( >:( >:(

At the moment I am not best pleased with Samsung's apparent new approach to customer service and if they don't get their act sorted out very quickly the next time we buy screens we will be looking elsewhere-Samsung, if you are reading this take notice!

Rant over, sorry about that, I am glad you have brought this up as I have been meaning to mention it for some time.

Anyone else have the same experience lately-in the past the service techs could not have been more helpful-now it's hard to even get to them.

EricL

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 10:02:29 PM »
Sometimes a couple of our screens just revert back to the desktop for no apparent reason that we can see-always seems to be the same screens that do it..

This also happened to us twice in a month and a half with a new 320MXn. No idea what is it causing it.

Offline emjay730

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 05:37:23 PM »
This also happened to us twice in a month and a half with a new 320MXn. No idea what is it causing it.

Us too.  We've been running 35 460 DXn-2's for 6 months and every day I have to remote in and manually start 3-5 screens.  I have a direct connection to a Samsung technician who is prompt, but never admits to this being a Samsung problem.  Meanwhile we've cleared the startup folder and reinserted the client, updated the client, have run check disks, defrag's...nothing is helping. :-\