Powerpoint Issue

• 9 Replies

Offline John

Powerpoint Issue
« on: October 03, 2009, 03:54:12 PM »
Our 400Dxn screen has been running 1004.7 quite happily but we have an issue with powerpoint slideshows.

When the screen is switched on and a powerpoint runs it does not play the slideshow, it just sits at the first slide.

If you cancelled the schedule and sent it again it will run fine.

This is not ideal if the screen is set to come on automatically with a preloaded schedule.

I am reluctant to upgrade the software on the screen as any server and author upgrades that i have performed have all been problematic.  However I do have the author and server at 1005.5.  The screen has had this powerpoint problem right form the start.

any ideas?

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: Powerpoint Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »
I know this sounds daft but have you run the power point viewer on the client [screen] by starting it manually at least once and accepted the user agreement then committed using EWF to save? Not sure if the last step is required but best to be safe/

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »
Samsung provide a Large Format Display website that is worth registering: www.samsunglfd.com

Samsung MagicInfo Pro can use PPT Viewer and the whole screen is addressed, but you can install PPT proper software package and do PPT files in a small window.

Regards

Bill

Offline malbenson

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 01:03:12 PM »
Hi

we convert our power point shows to flash before using them on the screens-we got that off this forum some time ago-the program we use to convert pp is i-spring ultra but there are others out there that do a similar job. The bet thing about it is you can then display the show at any size you like on the screen-it doesn't have to be full screen.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 02:52:56 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.

Adding another step converting to flash is a method I would like to try and avoid.

I am struggling to update the client from 1004.7 to 1005.5

I run the set up on the screen it asks for a reboot but being embedded it wipes any changes made.  I have also tried to update it automatically through the magicinfoi webpage.  I can get it to deploy correctly but it gets stuck in an infinate loop of rebooting the screen installing, rebooting installing etc

anyone have any ideas?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 01:13:38 PM »
Hi, you need to commit any changes made using the EWF function otherwise they will be erased upon restart  :o

Offline Scott

• Major Guru
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 05:44:17 PM »
A rather common issue in magicInfo Pro but can't seem to get this to work the same on "I".  I'm having problems keeping my powerpoint constrained to it's pre-determined element size.  It just comes up full screen.  Anyone know the magic setting i need? The powerpoint file i'm using stays constrained when using Pro, so it's probably not a issue with the file.

I'd rather not have to convert my .ppts to flash

Thanks,
Scott

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 07:45:48 AM »
Scott remember that PPT viewer's existence in life is to address the whole screen, no matter what size it is. The problem is that you need to install PPT proper application and then you can get the PPT file onto a frame size you want.

Bill

Offline Steven

• Major Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 01:06:09 AM »
Bill,

I've actually taken over for Scott working on the same project. I also have had the same ppt issue with it taking up the entire screen with the player. What application are you referring to? (i.e. "PPT Proper Application") Help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Steven

Offline Steven

• Major Guru
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »
Actually I solved the issue by removing the full PPT program from the unit and replacing it with only the PPT Viewer available for free from Microsoft.com. Now on to finding a way to embed RSS into MagicInfo-I...

Steven