Clients Display But Are 'Disconnected'

• 5 Replies

Offline phil2415

Clients Display But Are 'Disconnected'
« on: April 27, 2011, 10:34:51 AM »
Hi there,

I've been using MagicInfo for a couple of years now, and MagicInfo-i for about half that time.  I've always found it to be a bit of a dark art!  Anyway, I have a strange problem with it.

We have four screens connected to the MagicInfo-i server.  They all display their content correctly and the content changes when I update it, etc.  However, in the server console they all show up as 'Disconnected'.  In the top-right corner of the screen, where there is a summary of the screen statuses, they all show as 'Off'.  Whatever page in the server console I look at they screens appear not to be connected at all.

If I VNC to one of the screens (using my own VNC viewer, not the one built into the server, since that won't let me!) and go into the Player Settings, all of the settings under the Server tab seem to be correct, but there is a message at the bottom saying 'Not connected to the server!'.  I've rebooted the screens a couple of times but this message persists.

So what am I doing wrong?  Clearly the screens are connected in some way because they're displaying content correctly, so why is every other indication that they aren't connected to the server?

Any help gratefully received!

Offline HZM

• Major Guru
Re: Clients Display But Are 'Disconnected'
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »
Hi there,

I've been using MagicInfo for a couple of years now, and MagicInfo-i for about half that time.  I've always found it to be a bit of a dark art!  Anyway, I have a strange problem with it.

We have four screens connected to the MagicInfo-i server.  They all display their content correctly and the content changes when I update it, etc.  However, in the server console they all show up as 'Disconnected'.  In the top-right corner of the screen, where there is a summary of the screen statuses, they all show as 'Off'.  Whatever page in the server console I look at they screens appear not to be connected at all.

If I VNC to one of the screens (using my own VNC viewer, not the one built into the server, since that won't let me!) and go into the Player Settings, all of the settings under the Server tab seem to be correct, but there is a message at the bottom saying 'Not connected to the server!'.  I've rebooted the screens a couple of times but this message persists.

So what am I doing wrong?  Clearly the screens are connected in some way because they're displaying content correctly, so why is every other indication that they aren't connected to the server?

Any help gratefully received!

Hi Could you try copy the server connection url to the embedded pc browser, does it work?
If it is not working, then the connection settings is incorrect.

For faster support, samsung officially got a team who can remotely help you with this problem. Please email them [email protected]

Offline phil2415

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »
I copied the URL into the browser and it opened the login screen for the server.

It's good to know that there's an official support contact now, I've been struggling through with guesswork so far!

Offline HZM

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 09:05:09 AM »
I copied the URL into the browser and it opened the login screen for the server.

It's good to know that there's an official support contact now, I've been struggling through with guesswork so far!

Which version of magicinfo i are you using? and is the firewall off on both server and client?

Offline phil2415

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 10:05:30 AM »
The server console says 'MagicInfo-i Standard 1006.0' and 'Build 2009 1116 1317'.  The firewall is off on the server.  I just connected to one of the clients and the firewall was enabled, but even after disabling it and rebooting it still shows as disconnected in the server console.  If the firewall is enabled on the server it probably always was, and they used to work properly.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 05:50:13 AM »
You have to use the new software. The 1006 is 'bug' ridden... although stable, it has had some issues. The new version is available, but you need to register with http://www.samsunglfd.com as a business partner.

The latest version of the software is now released and it is the MagicInfo-I Premium. I am only using this now and, it is awesome!

Bill