Sound, disk space, and frozen content

• 0 Replies

Offline agonzalez

Sound, disk space, and frozen content
« on: July 14, 2011, 04:13:55 PM »
Hello all,

I am having trouble with some panels in our network.  At the moment we are running MagicInfo-i Standard v.1004.7 on 460DXn panels.

We cannot hear any sound with the content we publish.  I have installed a few different XP codec packs with no success.  I know these panels have audio capabilities... I have verified that all of the Windows volume controls are up, nothing has been muted, audio is enabled in the setup portion of the i software. No clue.

Another thing I noticed is that these panels seem to be running out of disk space.  Our panels have two disk drives, C: and D:  Our D: drives only have about 85MB remaining on a 3GB HDD.  When I look in the Content folder it looks like all of our old content and schedules have been stored there.  Things from months ago that we undeployed and haven't used since.  It's very odd.  Why do the panels store this content?  Is there any way to set the panel to delete it when we undeploy it?  I have a feeling that this is causing problems including the following one.

When I deploy video files to the panels, the videos freeze about one minute in.  It doesn't matter if I use the Authoring Tool to schedule an .lfd file or the web interface to schedule the video straight up...  The videos crap out almost right away.  I can't figure out why but I have a hunch that it happens because of the disk space.  My old laptop stopped working properly when my hard drive was almost full and I have reason to think that this is the case here too.

I am unsure of where to turn at this point.  Should I flash the panels and start over?  Is it common to manually delete content from the panels?  What can I do about the audio issue? 

Thanks in advance for the help!