Source not working

• 4 Replies

Offline spoox

Source not working
« on: January 21, 2011, 10:59:24 AM »
Hi,

we have a 400dx-2 and are using a SBB to get network connectivity and magicinfo running on it.  Having issues getting source to work, I've tried all the sources listed: HDMI, AV, PC, etc but none of them seem to work.  There's no error nothing comes up in the source box.  any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Offline rich.r

Re: Source not working
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:28:46 PM »
Don't think the Samsung SBB-NT is designed to run with the 400DX-2 monitors. >:(

Offline spoox

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 10:26:33 AM »
:( Samsung's website is pretty lousy and doesn't mention anything, spoke to them over phone before ordering and they said yes SBB will do everything you need..

I'm going through ultra slow tech help via email at the moment.  They just making us upgrade software etc at moment...

Offline spoox

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 12:34:18 PM »
o well, got the following reply:

"I contacted HQ engineers regarding the issue you are facing.
Unfortunately it is not possible to implement with SBB.
SBB connected to display by HDMI cable to HDMI source and cannot be combined with any other source in PIP mode.
I am sorry about this. "

To which I said:

"OK so are you saying that I should connect the SBB via VGA and that should work?"

Reply:

"Unfortunately it will not work either.
There is not way to make it work with SBB."

sweet.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:06:52 AM »
The SBB box was made to work with MX monitors. The HDMI port is lousy to say the list on different monitors. So yes, funny, but the best way to use it on non-MX monitors is the VGA port. Rubbish really. In any case, there will be no PIP through SBB (no it can be), but there is a PIP function on the DX-2 device. So you can use VGA through SBB, but a template (the software) will only assume you use the source through the monitor NOT the SBB, so the short answer is you can't do it!

Bill