Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems

• 13 Replies

Offline n2x4

Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 09:34:41 PM »
Bumping this question as I'm experiencing the same issue.  The powerpoint is trying to launch, and it won't run due to some security setting.  Did anyone figure this out?

It looks like it's taken the ppt file from the MagicInfo server, and placed it on the D: of the display in a a temp folder- D:\Screen\AC46E948-4B98-4F14-B458-5949AE7CC3C6.  Once I navigate into that folder I can see my ppt file and can launch it independently with no issues.  It looks like it's having an issue with IE security, so I tried to open the file through IE on it's own and I didn't have any problems.  I reset the security to low and tried with EWF off.  Still no luck.  I'm using Powerpoint Viewer 2007.

Offline bcc

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »
I had the same issue. I had upgraded PPT viewer to the 2010 version and the MI client to 3.1003. I rolled back the PPT viewer to 2007 and that fixed the problem. Hope this helps.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 12:36:18 PM »
Hiya

have you tried changing the file associations so that it opens the ppt with the viewer.
I have has this as an intermittent problem the above worked on some screens however others seem to fix themselves
rolling back to an earlier version of ppt maybe an idea.

Offline Evil Turnip

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 08:14:01 AM »
Hi,

Exact same issue here too Just got 46"n2 range and powerpoint / excel have produce the same error as everyone else.

Im going to have to do a bit of digging...but I know for a fact

Windows firewall is off
It is in the Domain
Im going to have a play with the windows settings to see if I can find anything...will let you know.

Thanks ET

PS unless someone has figured this out already :)