Setting the TV channel

• 2 Replies

Offline psa

• Major Guru
Setting the TV channel
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:30:22 AM »
If I want to display a video for an hour and then switch to full-screen TV, I need to make a screen file where the background is simply set to a TV source, but this gives me no option to set the TV channel -- it'll simply display whatever was the last TV channel on display.

It seems that the only way to automate which channel the TV is set to is to display the TV as an area (as opposed to the background), and within that area's settings I can choose the channel to display. So the best solution I can think of right now is:

If I want a video playing from 1pm to 2pm, then MTV to display from 2pm to 3pm, then the only way to ensure that the screen will display the MTV channel is to edit the 1pm to 2pm screen file so that in the last minute (at 1:59pm) MTV pops up in a small window, then when it switches to TV mode at 2pm it will display MTV because it was the last channel on display.

Is there a better way to do this?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Setting the TV channel
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 07:57:49 AM »
Hi

I don't think there is unfortunately, however I have been wrong before :-)

EricL

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Setting the TV channel
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 11:14:10 AM »
as Eric says im not sure their is a way to do this the only option i can think of would be to look for a live internet stream for a channel and use this instead i do what you are advising but wiht BBC news live feed.