MIE2 New Version Released

• 2 Replies

Offline RACH

• Major Guru
MIE2 New Version Released
« on: September 10, 2016, 07:06:00 PM »
New version 2.5 1006.3 was released yesterday.  After extensive testing, especially for the saving issue, it hasn't given me any trouble, but I've said that before.  A few more days of editing templates and re-saving will give me more comfort that this, the biggest and most maddening issue is fixed.

There are, of course, other issues but none as maddening as the saving issue was.  Once templates are saved, sometimes when I re-open a template there is an HTML tag in it.  I delete it and save, and it seems okay.  It is too early to tell if the tag will re-appear again later.  Just be wary and have a look at each template before you publish.

When importing "My Content" the program eventually gets hung up.  Even by closing the program, re-booting, then re-opening the program it is still hung up searching for the file path to My Content.  The work around I found is to delete the file path in MIE2, close it, then move the file location on my HD so the path is broken and MIE2 can no longer search for it, then re-point the program to the new location.  My Content in MIE2 gets hung up every time I close it and re-launch it.  It is annoying to have to create a new folder path for the program to point to every time I want to add my own content.

Offline DashingDaryl

Re: MIE2 New Version Released
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 12:34:59 AM »
So, It's been a couple of weeks. Any more opinions on the new release?

Offline RACH

• Major Guru
Re: MIE2 New Version Released
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 01:33:11 AM »
The saving issue seems fixed.  I've created a lot of templates, each have been edited and either re-saved or "saved as" many times without issue.

The "My Content" piece of the app will eventually not be able to find the destination folder, but it will keep searching.  The workaround is to delete the folder in MIE2, close MIE2, rename the destination folder, launch MIE2 and add the renamed folder to My Contents.

Hugh PITA factor but not as big as the saving issue.

MIE2 has its limitations, but the saving issue fixed is awesome.