MagicInfo alternatives

• 8 Replies

Offline Yousuf

MagicInfo alternatives
« on: August 16, 2020, 11:07:57 AM »
Hi everyone,

I need to know about the best alternatives for MagicInfo, since we've been facing many issues with it and the support people cannot solve the issue and keeps referring us to a different team to ask for support.
The alternative solution must be at a fair price and show tickers and video wall on multiple screens.
Thanks.

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: MagicInfo alternatives
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 01:40:08 PM »
Dear Yousuf,

Perhaps you can share the issues you have with MagicINFO and we can possibly help you with these.

Kind regards Pepijn.

Offline Yousuf

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 02:33:09 PM »
Dear Yousuf,

Perhaps you can share the issues you have with MagicINFO and we can possibly help you with these.

Kind regards Pepijn.

Dear Pepijn,

I would appreciate it if you can help us to solve this issue,
the issue is as follows:
when we try to publish content on the screens some of them get the content and some do not.
 Sometimes non of the screens accept the content and there is no any error log and  the progress bar simply hangs.
After we format and rename all screens they get the contents once or twice then the same problem appears and this cycle goes on.
Here is a screenshot of fiddler traffic analyzer and I don't know if its relevant or not.
if its i'm willing to share the whole fiddler session and if there is any other information needed I can provide it.

Best regards,
Yousuf

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 03:31:56 PM »
Yousuf,

My apologies for asking some basic information.

1. When sending out the schedule with the content are the screens online on your server?
2. Is there any difference between the content that is accepted and not? What kind of content are you sending?
3. Is there any difference between the screens that are working and not working? You can think of connection type Lite or Premium/ Model/ Firmware/ different network.

You can find more log files in the installation folder tomcat/logs and runtime/logs

Kind regards,
Pepijn

Offline Yousuf

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 10:21:34 AM »
Dear Pepijn,

Thank you for your help,
about the information needed,
1. When sending out the schedule with the content are the screens online on your server?
A. Yes, the screens are all online when sending content.

2. Is there any difference between the content that is accepted and not? What kind of content are you sending?
A. No, there is no difference, content types are images and videos.

3. Is there any difference between the screens that are working and not working? You can think of connection type Lite or Premium/ Model/ Firmware/ different network.
A. Again there is no difference between the screens, same model and same firmware, we have few trial premium licenses but the problem is same.

Regards,
Yousuf

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 10:36:59 AM »
Yousuf,

Strange situation this is.

We have noticed some troubles with MagicINFO V8 and the older types of players connected with the Lite connection.
We have successfully solved this on several servers but also some without any success. Perhaps it is worth a try for you.

Connect your screens with the following options:
Menu>Network>Connect to Server
SSL/TLS: Don't use
Port: 7001

Change the line in your config file stored in C:MagicInfo Premium/Config
http.fileloader.authorization.enable = treu
Change this to
http.fileloader.authorization.enable = false
Restart the MagicINFO services or server.

I hope this will help you.

Kind regards,
Pepijn.

Offline tasosgri

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 06:05:18 PM »
Hi, I have the same issue. Could you please inform me how this situation turned up and maybe with a fix?

Thank you.

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 03:50:58 PM »
Dear tasosgri,

Have you tried already the above?

This is a bug in on-off the first V8 releases.

Kind regards Pepijn.

Offline SaDiKoFF

• Super Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 03:13:47 PM »
Hello Yousuf. There are many reason that could happen, like networking, firewall, firmware of the screens, MagicInfo, SSL connections, "Layer 8" or something wrong on keyboard-to-chair connection.
If you are using a new screens than it is an SSL authentication process.
To solve you need a remote assistance that we will happy to offer you.