How to display videos?

• 4 Replies

Offline alumwell

How to display videos?
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:38:58 PM »
Althought this might be a real noobish question to some of you, we have the Samsung TV setup and one CD with Magic Info Pro software for making screens (no other CD's). I have created a screen using a laptop which features 3 videos, I hit schedule but the TV only displays the background and a web element whilst missing the 3 videos.

Am I missing something? Does a dedicated server need to be setup to host big files from? Does the laptop need to be on for the TV to call everything from?

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: How to display videos?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 06:23:07 PM »
Hello, what video format are you using and have you imported them to the library before publishing? How big are the videos?

Offline alumwell

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
Hi,
Yes the videos have been added to the library and they are .wmv format. No problems playing them on the preview screen using the laptop.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »
Hello, have a look in the D: drive of the client screen (VNC) to ensure they have been published correctly then double click them to check they play ok.

EricL

Offline alumwell

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »
Hello, have a look in the D: drive of the client screen (VNC) to ensure they have been published correctly then double click them to check they play ok.

EricL

Cheers Eric, I ran one of the wmv files and it needed a codec  ??? I would of though .wmv files were already recognized by the OS but obviously not.