TV Source Size

• 9 Replies

Offline Brandon

TV Source Size
« on: March 08, 2010, 10:21:47 PM »
I have a Samsung 460Cxn-2 display that we are trying to get setup for the first time.  We want to be able to display a series of pictures on one half, a TV source on the other half, with scrolling text across the bottom.  Everything is as we would like except for the TV source.  It will not allow us to set the source to fill one half of the screen.  At best I can get it to cover about 2/3 of the height if I set the resolution to the same as the box for the pictures.  Even if I set the TV source to cover the whole screen, it will only cover about 2/3 of the width and height.  Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: TV Source Size
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 08:14:56 AM »
Hi, the only think I can think of off the top of my head is that it could be the resolution of your TV source-is it a digital input (HDMI) and it is set for a lower resolution than the Magicinfo Pro screen resolution?

Offline Brandon

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:42:54 PM »
Thanks for the help!! It's actually just an SD cable channel.  I can get the tv source to cover the whole screen if I set the background as the TV source, but of course then I can't get any of the other things I want to be displayed.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 09:17:48 AM »
Hi, we run 460DXn screens and can scale the video source to any size so something is odd here..

I would suggest you give the Samsung Corporate Helpline a call.

not sure where you are but here are two-one US and one Uk.

1-888-341-2482

01932 455214

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
The 460DXn is different to 460CXn-2 model. The 460DXn is far more capable, but there is no embedded DTV. In the 460CXn-2 (or 400CXn-2) you can have a frame within Magicinfo pro template, BUT you need to maintain the 16:9 aspect ratio. You can't split it to half and half. I may be wrong, but this is the rule that I use. I put in the 16:9 DTV frame and get an RSS feed underneath it to keep a nice layout.

Bill

Offline Brandon

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »
Thanks for the additional help!!! Odd thing about my issue is that it doesn't seem to be related to aspect ratio.... I can set it to display in an size I want, just can't get it to cover the screen from top to bottom or the full width.  I have actually changed the resolution to the point that the screen was much taller than wide for the TV source frame and it shows up with no issues.

Offline Brandon

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 10:56:41 PM »
Not sure what was wrong, but I decided to start over again and now I can get the TV source to go from the top to bottom and half of the width as I wanted.  I have a new issue though... Is it possible to have scrolling text over the TV source box?  I wanted the scrolling text box to be transparent over the picture slide show and the TV source if possible.  It works fine on the picture slides, but I cannot get it to scroll over the TV source.  I have set the text box as bring to the front but it doesnt change anything on the TV source.  THANKS GUYS!!!!

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 08:05:23 AM »
Hi Brandon, unfortunately the TV source is always the uppermost layer so you cannot place anything over it including the scroller. The best workaround is to move your TV source slightly lower or higher on the screen and run the scroller above or below it.

We also found the scroller runs far more smoothly with a coloured background even if you choose white-the transparent setting seemed to be more jerky and "dragged" a little on the screen.

Offline Brandon

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 02:23:34 PM »
I really appreciate all the help! Actually had everything configured and ready to go, so I decided to finally mount the display.  Boy was that a bad idea for today!  I let it rock back when I picked it up and my shoulder hit the panel and CRACKED IT!!  I am sick at my stomach now to say the least... Any ideas on repairs, is it worth a new panel or should I just look at getting a new one if I don't get fired?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 03:24:59 PM »
Hi Brandon, I feel for you-sounds like a really bad day at work!

Well, the first thing I would do is get on to Samsung Corporate support and ask them very nicely if there is anything they can do to help, if the answer is no then check your insurance policy at work as you should be covered for accidents like this.

Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes and remember, it may seem the biggest catastrophe in the World at the moment but at least you weren't injured (oh, and if your boss gets heavy with you, you should point out he should have made sure the job was carried out safely in the first place with two people instead of expecting you to do it on your own) so it could definitely have been worse!

Hope it works out ok.

EricL