Newbie facing lot of problem. please help.

• 1 Replies

Offline anup

Newbie facing lot of problem. please help.
« on: April 04, 2010, 09:51:47 PM »
Hi,

I am assigned this new job of managing the digital signage and i am having hell lot of problems. I set the scheduler for a week, but couple of days later when i came back to check it, it just showed the logo of magicnet. I restarted the screen, and published the same schedule again, so its working now. This keeps on happening, i have restart the screen to make it work everytime. I have no clue when and why the displaying stop, and how to get rid of the problem. please help me with suggestions.

I would also like to know meanings of couple of settings:

Content Synchronization Period - what does it mean? what should it have - for me its set to daily.

Set the manageable period of past schedule - ? what does it mean? - for me it is set to 14

Set the default period of publishing schedule - ? what does it mean - for me it is set to 14.

I am sorry for so many questions, but I am new to this and I dont have any manuals to understand the meaning

Please help me out.

Thanks!

Offline bobdup

• Major Guru
Re: Newbie facing lot of problem. please help.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »
Well, first you must verify that the server program run's at anytime (if not the program will stop on the display)..

Here is what the help file says
Content Synchronization Period: Sets the time interval for synchronization of the content server.

Set the manageable period of past schedule - this mean that you are able to see the schedule for 14 days in the past
Set the default period of publishing schedule - This mean when you publish a schedule you publish it for 14 days

You can find some help into the helpfile attached to the server program

Bob