Samsung 460MXn-2 - locked

• 4 Replies

Offline ag

Samsung 460MXn-2 - locked
« on: December 03, 2021, 08:52:28 AM »
Hi all,
I bought Samsung 460MXn-2 but all its keys are locked. It works only in MagicInfo mode (built-in computer), I can't switch to HDMI nor DVI.
As I found in the user manual, probably it is locked by the LOCK key on remote control, but unfortunately I don't have such remote.
Do you know any other way how to unlock it? Any key combination? Is it possible to unlock it using MagicInfo?

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Samsung 460MXn-2 - locked
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 12:56:43 PM »
Dear ag,

I think the best way to control your screen when you do not have a remote is to connect a USB keyboard.

These options can also be configurated by MagicINFO.

Some models do not show HDMI when nothing is active on the HDMI port.

Kind regards, Pepijn.

Offline ag

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 02:15:56 PM »
The problem is the keys are not working, not that HDMI is not accessible.
I have already connected the keyboard and mouse, but have no idea how to use them to unlock the hardware keys. Which program should I use?
There is also MagicInfo installed, but I don't know the password, 000000 doesn't work.

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 09:39:39 AM »
Dear ag,

Try to connect to your screen instead of off the in-build computer, perhaps it is only possible with the remote to switch source.
You can see it as two separate pieces of hardware, the screen, and the inbuilt PC.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards, Pepijn.

Offline edwardjonathan

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 05:12:23 PM »
I suggest you to try to contact [https://www.epicled.com/]LED Display Screen Supplier[https://www.epicled.com/] who have knowledge about all kind of displays and guide you through this.