DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: kysumu on September 12, 2012, 12:51:34 PM

Title: Magicinfo Pro accessing Network drives doesn't work
Post by: kysumu on September 12, 2012, 12:51:34 PM
Hi,

We are using the newest version of Magicinfo Pro and when I goto the Library, the only drives that show up usable are the local drives.  My network drive shows up, but it is unaccessible.  When I select it in the Library, there is nothing in the drive.

We are using a Windows 7 64-bit machine as the server, and Magicinfo version 2600.16

We use DFS shares, and we didn't before.  Could this be causing our lack of access?

Thanks,

Mike
Title: Re: Magicinfo Pro accessing Network drives doesn't work
Post by: ComVideo on September 13, 2012, 10:11:07 AM
Hi Kysumu,

MagicInfo on a Windows 7 PC doesn't like the \\ of  a mapped connector. rename your mapped network drives without the \\
after this you can access your drives under MIP Server
I hope have help you

Sébastien
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.
Title: Re: Magicinfo Pro accessing Network drives doesn't work
Post by: MMan on February 18, 2013, 11:48:06 AM
ComVideo your suggestion does work BUT for me all this changed when I shut down the machine and then unplugged the network cable to move the PC and then rebooted the PC. After this the network share was no longer visible within MagicInfo Pro. Even adding the share again and renameing the share does not work. My envuironment is a Windows 7 32bit machine. Can anyone help please?
Title: Re: Magicinfo Pro accessing Network drives doesn't work
Post by: MMan on February 20, 2013, 03:48:05 PM
Well solved it myself. Just logged in to the PC with a local administrator account rather than using a domain network account. Then I mapped a network drive to the server and used my nework credentials to authenticate the drive mapping.  And then to finish off I renamed the share to remove any back slashes in the share as we all know these are what cause a lot of the problems. I then logged into magiInfo and Bingo I can see the drive mapping. I can now stream my data from the domain network to my windows 7 PC using th latest version of magic info - And Samsung told me it could not be done !!  ;D
I hope my soultion helps someone out there !!!!!!
Title: Re: Magicinfo Pro accessing Network drives doesn't work
Post by: EricL on February 20, 2013, 04:12:14 PM
Nice one!  8)

Thanks for sharing.

EricL
Title: Re: Magicinfo Pro accessing Network drives doesn't work
Post by: Ewanl30 on February 20, 2013, 04:14:07 PM
Congrats on getting it sorted.

You will find that alot with Magicinfo Pro Samsung say one thing but take much of it with a pinch of salt.
this forum has helped me identified loads of solutions to points samsung have previously said could not be done with software.

find it best to just some on here and look over stuff to get ideas.