DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT
Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: hudsonma on January 28, 2010, 07:32:21 PM
-
When reflashing the OS to the newest image, is it possible to repartition the flash harddrive to make more room on the C: drive as opposed to the D: drive?
-
Yes, you can do it. I have used SYMANTECT GHOST and have a 4GB partition split into 2GB and 2GB. I had to do this on some of my units because I needed some more C: space for applications and codecs.
Do you know how to do it?
Bill
-
I've done it before from the command prompt when booted from a flash drive or CD. Does the tool Samsung provides for bootable flash drives include the partitioning tool? I don't have Symantec Ghost or any other software to do it with. Do you know of any free software to partition with?
-
I have not done it, so I don't know. I think there is a resizing option. If you do anything I would suggest that you take a backup of your screen as an image so that you can always go back to your original setup.
Bill
-
I have done this many times to simply delete the D: drive and stretch out the C: drive to take over the full 4GB. In those cases I was installing RiseVision instead of MagicInfo (a better product if I say so but that's what we sell :) ).
Anyways... try using GParted live CD. You boot off of the CD if you have an external USB DVD Drive and then perform all the resizing and deleting/changing partition stuff you want. They also have PXE and USB versions of the GParted program, but I haven't tried those yet. It's been bulletproof for me thus far.
You can find GParted here: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php
-
I'm also new to using Samsung LFD and XPe with EWF. I have one 520DXN which has a 4GB drive in it. Have used the Samsung tools to backup the image but would very much like to run this image from a USB 64GB flash drive. I found that I need to use Ghost in raw copy mode to copy the internal drive correctly but in that mode I can not resize the c or d drives. Bill you mentioned that you were able to use Ghost and resize the c drive. Can you please pass along how you were able to do that? Does EWF need to be disabled first?
Thanks,
Ricahrd
-
Correction, I have ghosted, using Ghost 8.2, the built-in drive several times using the all, boot, disk & raw switches and none will boot up on the Samsung nor any other computer. I have ghosted with EWF disabled as well. Again my need is to create a usable ghost backup and second use that backup on a usb flash drive and resize the c partition to 2GB. I would also like to use, if possible, a FAT32 format for the d partition so that it be expanded to over 2GB.
-
Hi All,
same need, not enough space for codecs and Office viewers, so I wanted to remove D: partition and extend C:
Bad idea, D: has pagefile on it, if you try removing a nice blue screen pops on your brand new monitor.
I'll try to resize 2GB-2GB, maybe XP will accept that.
Though, after blue screen of death, I had to re-image with SFIM and .sfi file provided by Samsung support: after that, I lost the Program sub-menu (from systray) to select None, Player or Scheduler; I have only a Run command to start scheduler.
I miss also the corresponding frame in Setup/Program tab.
Andrea
-
update:
resizing means using a partition manager that asks for exclusive access to partitions, thus restarting system several times to apply changes.
Of course anything not managed by EWF will be lost on next startup.... :-(
Andrea
-
update:
resizing means using a partition manager that asks for exclusive access to partitions, thus restarting system several times to apply changes.
Of course anything not managed by EWF will be lost on next startup.... :-(
Andrea
turnkey was to disable EWF (select "Disable and restart" from systray menu);
resized partitions using EASEUS Partition Manager (free downloadable Home Edition from here:
http://www.clickstart.it/Software/Software-Applicativi/EASEUS-Partition-Master-5.8.1-Home-Edition.html)
remember to re-enable EWF to activate write overlay on top of your partition.
Andrea
-
Hi All,
same need, not enough space for codecs and Office viewers, so I wanted to remove D: partition and extend C:
Bad idea, D: has pagefile on it, if you try removing a nice blue screen pops on your brand new monitor.
I'll try to resize 2GB-2GB, maybe XP will accept that.
Though, after blue screen of death, I had to re-image with SFIM and .sfi file provided by Samsung support: after that, I lost the Program sub-menu (from systray) to select None, Player or Scheduler; I have only a Run command to start scheduler.
I miss also the corresponding frame in Setup/Program tab.
Andrea
though I still miss the player....
I'm a bit confused, I have MagicInfo Pro icons, but installation footprints (registry) of MagicInfo-i client....
what should I install to have my Player back (attached)?
BR,
Andrea
-
Hi, is it me? I can only see a tiny thumbnail-can't see the detail..
-
that's the only magicinfo pro player screenshot I could find in google images...
just to give you idea of what I'm talking about
Andrea