DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: Macknairb on February 09, 2010, 08:31:53 PM

Title: Silverlight
Post by: Macknairb on February 09, 2010, 08:31:53 PM
I am trying to display an online web cast from the upcoming Olympics. It uses Silverlight to play the feed from the web page.

I have installed Silverlight on the television, but it doesnt display.

Is there something I should be doing but am not?

Thanks,

-Brian
Title: Re: Silverlight
Post by: Bill Coral on February 10, 2010, 06:13:52 AM
I have not done this and not used Silverlight. In theory, this should work. Remember though the screens are based on Windows XP embedded maybe that this is the issue. What's the URL for the Olympics webcast? It will be interested if you want to share the information to all of us.

Thanks

Bill
Title: Re: Silverlight
Post by: Macknairb on February 16, 2010, 06:54:36 PM
Hi,

I am not sure what the difference is between Windows XP and Windows Embedded. How do I need to treat something like that differently.

Here is the link to what we are trying to broadcast:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/ctv/index.html?cid=sbrsn

Thanks for your help,

-Brian
Title: Re: Silverlight
Post by: fluidium on February 17, 2010, 10:12:02 AM
Hi Brian, tried the link but get a video error message. Is this a live feed that only broadcasts at certain times?

Cheers.