DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: 460FPN2 on February 23, 2010, 06:06:01 PM

Title: Can I run MagicInfo on a non-samsung display?
Post by: 460FPN2 on February 23, 2010, 06:06:01 PM
For testing purposes, can I install the magicInfoPro client on a non-samsung display (say, a laptop)?
I installed the client but it doesnt do anything when I click on the icon. The little globe doesnt show up in the taskbar either. I assume it's because you need to run this program on the proper samsung display?
Title: Re: Can I run MagicInfo on a non-samsung display?
Post by: fluidium on February 23, 2010, 07:12:08 PM
Sorry, unfortunately the latest versions will only work on a Samsung LFD.
Title: Re: Can I run MagicInfo on a non-samsung display?
Post by: 460FPN2 on February 23, 2010, 07:27:57 PM
I would like to have a demo system to show to customers. Is there anything else I can do besides acquiring a samsung LFD?
Title: Re: Can I run MagicInfo on a non-samsung display?
Post by: 460FPN2 on February 23, 2010, 08:33:16 PM
what about magicinfo I?
Title: Re: Can I run MagicInfo on a non-samsung display?
Post by: London-I on February 23, 2010, 08:44:44 PM
Hi, same thing as far as I know.. give Samsung a call to confirm. If you are selling magicinfo pro / magicinfo-i systems they will be happy to help. The numbers for UK/USA are posted on the forum, just do a search.
Title: Re: Can I run MagicInfo on a non-samsung display?
Post by: 460FPN2 on February 23, 2010, 09:06:48 PM
Turns out we just ordered a 40" display to show customers, so I'm all set for now!
Title: Re: Can I run MagicInfo on a non-samsung display?
Post by: EricL on February 23, 2010, 10:07:37 PM
Good decision  ;D

EricL