DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT
Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: theman192 on May 04, 2010, 07:32:36 PM
-
I'm new to this forum, but not the MagicInfo Pro. It seems a brand new out of the box 520DXn has it's c: partition corrupted, and I thought I would try reflashing the whole thing, before seeking out service. Right now I'm in a continious loop of boot, then try to start XP and dropdown into DSKCHK, then reboot etc....
I went out and found instructions for creating a bootable USB, I downloaded the lastest OS "M-LEOXPE04HTS_1010.0.SFI" from the support site along with the sfim2_64 program which I believe does the flashing.
All I'm missing I hope is how to get into the advanced BIOS and change the 520DXn boot sequence so I will try the USB first or after the PXI attempt. Any help anyone can share that has done this before would be greatly appreciated.
I'm assuming that once I successfully re-flash the box, it will look and have everything that it is suppose to have out of the box. Can anyone confirm that as well, or will I need to add things like the Client software and VNC etc?
I hope someone see's this today, as I really need to get this running if possible before a grand opening on Thurday, which is cutting it pretty close.
Thanks
-
Hi, looks like you are doing everything right, the image should have the client software on it, and it should re-image the screen as it would have been "out of the box".
We have done this in the past with a couple of 460 DXN screens and it worked fine. Any problems get on the phone to Samsung support :)
In fact I would speak to them first anyway just to check it's not something simple-you never know [fingers crossed].
-
Follow-up to post. I was successful in getting the 520DXn re-flashed with the SFI file downloaded from Samsung. It has a few more things than needed, but once I found the software under the \samsung directory, for Magicinfo Pro I was able to get everything working fine. It came with Client version 3001 and I patched it to version 3003. Due to another problem that I will post seperately.
The biggest challenge was creating a bootable USB drive. Both Samsung and HP offer software to do that but you need to find a source for the DOS files, since if they exist on XP, I don't know where to find them. You need command.com, io.sys and msdos.sys which I finally found out on the internet. They should have been bundled with samsung's format tool.
The documentation for flashing using the "sfim2_64" tool could be a little better detailed. I first verified the sfi file then flashed. The following were the two command lines used from the USB directory where I had both the flash tool and the OS file, after booting to DOS.
c:\magicpro\xpos> sfim2_64 /v:1 m-leox~1.sfi - This verifed and created a Checksum against the download sfi file, it took 4-5 minutes
c:\magicpro\xpos> sfim2_64 /r:1 m-leox~1.sfi - This did the actual "restore" and flashed the 2 partitions on the monitor, again 4-5 minutes.
This is probably more info than most want but could help someone down the road.
-
Glad you got it going :-)
-
Thanks for sharing!
EricL