DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: ians on October 19, 2009, 09:43:21 AM

Title: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: ians on October 19, 2009, 09:43:21 AM
Hi All,
We have just had a set of new Samsung screens installed across our school, and im just getting to grips with the software.
I have tried to embed a PowerPoint, but im not having much luck :'(

I did have a good tutorial for it, which I followed including making it for a viewer (which I?ve now lost- but that?s another storey).
But when I send it to the screen its saying (on the receiving screen)
'Security Alert' 'Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'

Any pointers?  :)

Thanks,
Ian
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: EricL on October 19, 2009, 10:40:54 AM
Hi, can you tell what is saying there is a security alert-is it a windows system message or the magicinfo pro program itself?
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: ians on October 19, 2009, 10:56:49 AM
Hi eric, thanks for the quick reply.
Its a Windows system message, and the space for the PowerPoint is saying page cannont be displayed.
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: EricL on October 19, 2009, 01:06:33 PM
Do you have the Microsoft power-point viewer installed on the client-can you run the power-point file ok using the viewer on the client or do you get the same message? (You can use an external VNC installation to take control of the client if it is remote to you)..
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: ians on October 19, 2009, 01:44:30 PM
Hi, yes i have a PowerPoint viewer installed on there and when VNC'd onto i can open it fine through the viewer
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: EricL on October 19, 2009, 02:05:59 PM
Weird-from the message it refers to downloading so maybe try disabling the firewall when sending to the client-I am afraid other than that it's got me flummoxed, sorry  :-[
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: johnv on January 26, 2010, 03:27:57 AM
Did you figure this issue out? We are having the same issue.

John


Hi All,
We have just had a set of new Samsung screens installed across our school, and im just getting to grips with the software.
I have tried to embed a PowerPoint, but im not having much luck :'(

I did have a good tutorial for it, which I followed including making it for a viewer (which I?ve now lost- but that?s another storey).
But when I send it to the screen its saying (on the receiving screen)
'Security Alert' 'Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'

Any pointers?  :)

Thanks,
Ian

Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: Dmitry on January 26, 2010, 04:07:19 PM
This is an internal company message, could be firewall or ext. type message. Some companies block files or certain types of extension. Either contact the IT department or you can start by checking the panel's own firewall settings under "Control Panel > Security Center".

This is likely is dictated by the corporate firewall however.

Hope this helps.

Dmitry Sokolov
www.dsokolov.ca
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: Bill Coral on January 31, 2010, 11:35:51 AM
Hello everyone, not sure what this message is all about (my system works) - in any case, it may be worth on the Windows Firewall to enable Flie and Print Sharing. Can you try that?

Bill
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: iutmlv on November 10, 2010, 11:32:45 AM
Hello everyone,
we are having the same issue:
a screen with an office area (ppt or pps file in it)
When scheduler trying to open it, the windows message box appears "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded".
After clickinq "OK", the area remains blank.
(When opening the ppt directly with viewer or embeded in a html file with IE, it works fine...)

I have tried everything : windows firewall disabled ; IE Tools/Options/Security the lowest as possible...
No effect !!

Any ideas ?
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: n2x4 on January 26, 2011, 09:34:41 PM
Bumping this question as I'm experiencing the same issue.  The powerpoint is trying to launch, and it won't run due to some security setting.  Did anyone figure this out?

It looks like it's taken the ppt file from the MagicInfo server, and placed it on the D: of the display in a a temp folder- D:\Screen\AC46E948-4B98-4F14-B458-5949AE7CC3C6.  Once I navigate into that folder I can see my ppt file and can launch it independently with no issues.  It looks like it's having an issue with IE security, so I tried to open the file through IE on it's own and I didn't have any problems.  I reset the security to low and tried with EWF off.  Still no luck.  I'm using Powerpoint Viewer 2007.
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: bcc on February 09, 2011, 08:07:53 PM
I had the same issue. I had upgraded PPT viewer to the 2010 version and the MI client to 3.1003. I rolled back the PPT viewer to 2007 and that fixed the problem. Hope this helps.
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: Ewanl30 on February 10, 2011, 12:36:18 PM
Hiya

have you tried changing the file associations so that it opens the ppt with the viewer.
I have has this as an intermittent problem the above worked on some screens however others seem to fix themselves
rolling back to an earlier version of ppt maybe an idea.
Title: Re: Embeding Powerpoint - Security problems
Post by: Evil Turnip on April 04, 2011, 08:14:01 AM
Hi,

Exact same issue here too Just got 46"n2 range and powerpoint / excel have produce the same error as everyone else.

Im going to have to do a bit of digging...but I know for a fact

Windows firewall is off
It is in the Domain
Im going to have a play with the windows settings to see if I can find anything...will let you know.

Thanks ET

PS unless someone has figured this out already :)