DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: DanielleB on June 28, 2010, 09:48:58 PM

Title: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: DanielleB on June 28, 2010, 09:48:58 PM
I'm having issues playing a Powerpoint presentation through MagicInfo Pro. I understand how to upload the file, but I keep getting a message in the box where the ppt is supposed to be that says "Navigation to the webpage was canceled". When I double click on the box, it opens the slideshow in Powerpoint for me to edit or save.

What might I be doing wrong?
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: sagili on June 29, 2010, 10:46:02 AM
you need to save it in PPS mode
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: DanielleB on June 29, 2010, 01:56:20 PM
I did.
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: Bill Coral on June 30, 2010, 11:24:02 PM
Have you create a frame with Office and having a PPT file to publish? Or is it full screen? Remember that you will need to have PPT Viewer installed on the Screen.

Bill
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: DanielleB on July 01, 2010, 01:57:47 AM
Yes I know how to actually upload one, I just can't get it to show. Where do I download a viewer?
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: [email protected] on July 01, 2010, 09:26:46 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=048DC840-14E1-467D-8DCA-19D2A8FD7485&displaylang=en

works pretty good on my display

Andrea
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: DanielleB on July 01, 2010, 04:00:22 PM
I downloaded the viewer but it is still doing the same thing. Is there something I have to do after I download it?
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: dm on July 07, 2010, 03:49:36 PM
"Navigation to the webpage was canceled". When I double click on the box, it opens the slideshow in Powerpoint for me to edit or save.

To get the powerpint to run in the window correctly, you need Powerpoint 2003.  The newer versions do just what you describe.
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: DanielleB on July 07, 2010, 04:00:05 PM
Do I have to have PPT 2003 on the same computer that runs MagicInfo Pro or will it work if I just create the PPT in PPT 2003?

I have 2007 on the computer that runs MagicInfo, but I also have access to another computer that has 2003.
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: n_rothstein on July 07, 2010, 06:27:39 PM
The Powerpoint Viewer software needs to be installed on the actual monitor itself.  It doesn't actually matter if it is on the server machine or not.
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: dm on July 08, 2010, 02:06:23 PM
Do I have to have PPT 2003 on the same computer that runs MagicInfo Pro or will it work if I just create the PPT in PPT 2003?

I have 2007 on the computer that runs MagicInfo, but I also have access to another computer that has 2003.

I'm not sure of the actual terms but lets call the software that runs on the display/sign itself the client.  Lets call computer running the authoring/scheduling application the server.

To run the powerpoint in a window on the client, you need to have PPT 2003 installed. (For the newer signs with the hard drive, this should not be a problem.  For the older flash based computers, space may be an issue.  Haven't tried it yet.)

On the server, you don't have to have PPT installed at all, but it may help to have it installed so you can edit you powerpoints and so on.  If you have 2003 it may preview correctly, but like you i have 2007 installed, so I get the navigation canceled and it PPT opens when I try to preview.  But the sign works just fine.
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: Bill Coral on July 11, 2010, 06:42:32 AM
I agree with the last post. I prefer 2003 and not 2007. Remember that the OS in these screens is XPembedded and there maybe issues with 2007, but can't be 100% sure about that.

Bill
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: chriswhite on July 22, 2010, 11:29:26 AM
We had a similar problem moving from Magicnet X to Pro.

On X we used PowerPoint viewer - which took up little flash space. Now we are using Pro we have had to install 2003 which takes up room and sometimes for some unknown reason (answers on a postcard) crashes!

On our machines we have a C and D drive, the C is protected with EWF and the D isnt, we installed PowerPoint 2003 onto the D and it has enough space to run.

I would much rather run PowerPoint viewer, however we have a screen with different regions in i.e. PowerPoint, Web Link to Clock and a Title JPEG. We were told that Pro would be the only solution and that Pro only runs PowerPoint's via the full program. We we tried to install 2007 we were left with the problem of space so 2003 was our only option.
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: n_rothstein on July 23, 2010, 04:46:26 PM
I have Pro on all of our monitors, and they run the Powerpoint Viewer 2007 just fine with PPT files created in 2007.
Title: Re: Uploading Powerpoints
Post by: ssmiley on July 26, 2010, 03:07:32 PM
I have Pro on all of our monitors, and they run the Powerpoint Viewer 2007 just fine with PPT files created in 2007.

What versions of MagicInfo pro are you using for the server and the clients?