DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo-I Premium => Topic started by: frfmanager on July 13, 2023, 03:24:45 AM

Title: Windows Install Cant find postgres db
Post by: frfmanager on July 13, 2023, 03:24:45 AM
All I want to do is copy files from my PC to Samsung displays over the network, but it seems like I need to use MagicInfo to do this....?   I installed PostgreSQL 12.12 and Magicinfo v9 on my laptop.  MagicInfo v9 installs fails and it says it cant find the Postgres db.   I verified the db is installed and running.   I cant find any help for this error anywhere.  Wondering if someone can help. 

We current just have static displays but it would be cool if I could get something more dynamic running.  Thanks

Title: Re: Windows Install Cant find postgres db
Post by: Pepijn on July 14, 2023, 09:48:05 AM
Dear frfmanager,

Please make sure your system meets the requirements from Samsung, please note the Windows version.
I have seen strange issues arise when it is not complete.

Kind regards, Pepijn.
Title: Re: Windows Install Cant find postgres db
Post by: ontech on July 08, 2024, 10:41:24 AM
All I want to do is copy files from my PC to Samsung displays over the network, but it seems like I need to use MagicInfo to do this....?   I installed PostgreSQL 12.12 and Magicinfo v9 on my laptop.  MagicInfo v9 installs fails and it says it cant find the Postgres db.   I verified the db is installed and running.   I cant find any help for this error anywhere.  Wondering if someone can help. 

We current just have static displays but it would be cool if I could get something more dynamic running.  Thanks

did you change the port? it must be 5432 for magicinfo