DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: [email protected] on November 15, 2023, 12:06:43 PM

Title: MagicInfro Add domain User Problem
Post by: [email protected] on November 15, 2023, 12:06:43 PM
Hello

I have a problem when adding a user from the AD domain
The LDAP server is connected, I can also find the user, but I can't add it because it doesn't add the user login name, but the CN Name (full name of the user) I get an error message

User IDs can only contain alphanumeric characters and periods (.).

I tried to change CN Username to login name and it works like this, but I can't change every user's full name to login name

what am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

best regard

Dominik G.




Title: Re: MagicInfro Add domain User Problem
Post by: Pepijn on June 25, 2024, 02:31:21 PM
Hi Dominik,

Magicinfo does not accept a space character in the user ID.

Kind regards, Pepijn.
Title: Re: MagicInfro Add domain User Problem
Post by: blanka79 on October 24, 2024, 09:37:34 AM
Anyone has update on solution for the CN "space" limitation?
Title: Re: MagicInfro Add domain User Problem
Post by: CoRpO on March 05, 2025, 03:28:39 PM
Anyone facing this issue ... here's the solution !

Edit the text file c:\MagicInfo Premium\conf\config.properties (may work for other versions of MagicInfo, I don't know)
Find the line :
Quote
#ldap.user.attribute.id = id
change it to (don't forget to uncomment the line)
Quote
ldap.user.attribute.id = sAMAccountName
Restart the MagicInfo service, sync your users (delete them if you had them already imported, otherwise it won't work) and voila, you can now login with your AD credentials :)