DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: rmoore on October 28, 2009, 06:22:56 PM

Title: Move default locations of screens
Post by: rmoore on October 28, 2009, 06:22:56 PM
Is there a way to change the location where the screens are saved? I would like to move them to a larger hard drive that gets regular backups.

Thanks
Ron
Title: Re: Move default locations of screens
Post by: fluidium on October 28, 2009, 06:46:01 PM
Hi Ron, I tried this once but it didn't work for me and I couldn't see a way to change the path to the files-maybe you could use some sync software to make a regular backup from the screen directory to the larger drive?
Title: Re: Move default locations of screens
Post by: rmoore on October 28, 2009, 07:23:13 PM
Thanks for the response. Maybe they can add this feature one day. I always like to choose where content is stored instead of it just getting stuck in the programs folder along with the program.
Title: Re: Move default locations of screens
Post by: Bill Coral on November 01, 2009, 10:02:15 AM
Yes, of course you can. You need to go to the monitor and change the location. I use a 32GB (!) USB drive and I hace re-dircted the content to the E: drive. Do you know how to do it?

1) Keyboard/Mouse onto monitor - press Alt-F12 to get out of magicinfopro client
2) Rght click on the globe (bottom right hand corner of Windows bar - next to time
3) Select EWF and Disable it - reboot
4) Do as above again
5) Right click on the globe and select Setup --> Screen and select the option from D: to E: drive
6) Apply and close
7) Enable EWF
8) That's it...!

I hope it helps. Bill
Title: Re: Move default locations of screens
Post by: rmoore on November 02, 2009, 02:04:52 PM
Thanks Bill that helps me with the screen content. Also can I change this on the server piece? I want when i save a screen, or schedule, for it to go do a different drive instead of the magicinfo folder in c:\programs.
Title: Re: Move default locations of screens
Post by: Bill Coral on November 02, 2009, 10:42:30 PM
The Magicinfopro software is installed on the C:\Program Files\SEC\MagicInfoPro directory. I don't think that you can change this. However, you can change the where the templates are saved by going to the server itself and then Tools, Option and then you can click the tab Schedule.

Is this what you wanted?

Bill
Title: Re: Move default locations of screens
Post by: rmoore on November 03, 2009, 01:50:07 PM
Thanks Bill. Yeah I wanted to change where its installed. I appreciate all the help.