DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: tomk on January 14, 2011, 04:46:26 PM

Title: MagicInfoPro - TV sitting on screensaver
Post by: tomk on January 14, 2011, 04:46:26 PM
My MagicInfo TV is set to run from 7am-7pm with a screen that lasts about 15min and runs for the entire 12 hours.

Occasionally in the mornings the TV will sit at the screensaver, the spinning globe, and do nothing until I log into the server running the server software. Once I log into the MagicInfoPro software and remote into the TV from there the scheduled screen will start running. I work on a different floor than the TV is on and the only way I know this is happening is from people calling me to let me know that the screensaver is running. Due to this, I haven't been able to figure out any consistency, but it happens at least once a week. I have the "default period of publishing schedule" set to 360 days.

Anyone have a recommendation so I don't have to remote into the TV so often?
Thanks.
Title: Re: MagicInfoPro - TV sitting on screensaver
Post by: London-I on January 22, 2011, 04:14:25 PM
Hello

do you have the screen set for use with a published schedule?

Do you use the LCD timer to turn the screen off when not in use and wake up before the time your schedule is set to run?
Title: Re: MagicInfoPro - TV sitting on screensaver
Post by: Lea_C on January 26, 2011, 11:17:20 AM
Ive been having the same issue- I've got my TV's set to go on 5 mins before the schedule is due to start and have the publishing schedule set to 360 days. It actually happens everyday here and I still cant figure it out, so I will be keen to see any more replies.
Title: Re: MagicInfoPro - TV sitting on screensaver
Post by: mrmrva on January 26, 2011, 11:31:23 AM
Maybe you could try different version of software, or just try reinstalling it.
Title: Re: MagicInfoPro - TV sitting on screensaver
Post by: tomk on January 26, 2011, 05:02:47 PM
The timer on the TV was originally set for shorter than my publishing schedule. This was done so if someone had guests coming earlier/later than normal working hours the TV could still display a welcome message if they are turned on. I changed this to turn the TV on 5 mins before the schedule is to run. I will reply this if this seems to fix the issue.

London-I, I assume my TV is set to use a publishing schedule, but I don't see any option/checkboxes to change a setting like that. Could you point me to where I can make sure it is?

Title: Re: MagicInfoPro - TV sitting on screensaver
Post by: tomk on February 01, 2011, 02:25:31 PM
Still having issues with the TV not running the published schedule, but it will start once I remote into the server and log into the MagicInfo Pro software.
Title: Re: MagicInfoPro - TV sitting on screensaver
Post by: Bill Coral on March 01, 2011, 11:04:50 PM
You need to login, Tools, Option, Schedule Tab, Set the default period of publishing schedule to 365 (for a year) and then republish your schedule. And that's it!

Bill