DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: tomb on November 13, 2009, 03:24:58 PM

Title: LAN connection problems
Post by: tomb on November 13, 2009, 03:24:58 PM
I am trying to setup Magicinfo Pro on 4 touchscreen panels (samsung 320tsn) but can't get the content PC running Magicinfo Pro to see the panels on our LAN. I have tried using the auto connect method without any luck so have assigned a static ip address to each panel and the PC (all on same range). Firewalls have been disabled and i can ping each panel and the PC. I have also configured the magicinfo client on the panels to point at the PC's ip address usingthe setup tool.
When i login to Magicinfo Pro on the PC, none of the panels show up. Have i missed something?

thanks

tom
Title: Re: LAN connection problems
Post by: fluidium on November 13, 2009, 06:01:43 PM
Hi Tom, it looks to me like you have covered most things-is the magicinfo pro client application running on the client screens ok?  Can you VNC to the client screens from the server pc?
Title: Re: LAN connection problems
Post by: tomb on November 13, 2009, 07:49:11 PM
thanks for the reply. I ran out of time and am no longer on-site so didn't test VNC - I could copy files to and from the panel though. Could the problem be Vista on the PC? Or the versions of Magicinfo - i think the version on PC was 2.02 (?) and on the panel 2.05? It's a real pain!
Title: Re: LAN connection problems
Post by: tomb on November 13, 2009, 07:51:05 PM
....and yes, magicinfo client on Panels are loading on startup and are accessible. Maybe it's Mcafee on the PC.
Title: Re: LAN connection problems
Post by: EricL on November 13, 2009, 10:02:51 PM
Hello, you mention Vista OS-I am not sure Magicinfo Pro is compatible with Vista OS.. Any one??
Title: Re: LAN connection problems
Post by: Bill Coral on November 15, 2009, 06:01:53 PM
There are two server versions that are used and they are different on XP and VISTA. Please use the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6b281ef0a9d2da899bf8d6369220dcabef755ef1d641b6114ca8d2a77d7aad89

Remember that all the official software are on the: www.samsunglfd.com this is where I download everything from.

Regards, Bill
Title: Re: LAN connection problems
Post by: tomb on November 16, 2009, 09:33:34 AM
thanks Bill,

I didn't realise there were 2 versions.

tom