DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: bepsoccer on March 28, 2011, 04:39:07 PM

Title: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: bepsoccer on March 28, 2011, 04:39:07 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the new 400dx-3 with the SIM-NT module.  I can't figure out if you can still remotely control the monitor from MagicInfo Pro Server like you used to be able to with the 400dxn-2.  Thanks for any insight.
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: dssc on March 28, 2011, 04:55:04 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the new 400dx-3 with the SIM-NT module.  I can't figure out if you can still remotely control the monitor from MagicInfo Pro Server like you used to be able to with the 400dxn-2.  Thanks for any insight.
It should not be any problems with MDC functionality.
What is your concern why it could not work?
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: bepsoccer on March 28, 2011, 04:58:59 PM
Because the SIM-NT module connects via just a power cord and a dislpayport to HDMI cable.  I have it connected up to the MagicInfo Pro server and it does seem to have any of the MDC functionality.
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: dssc on March 28, 2011, 05:08:36 PM
Because the SIM-NT module connects via just a power cord and a dislpayport to HDMI cable.  I have it connected up to the MagicInfo Pro server and it does seem to have any of the MDC functionality.

It should work actually, the data communication works over HDMI.
Can you check MIP client log files, if client is starting then it should be log about communication between MIP and displays.
What is the version of MIP?
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: bepsoccer on March 28, 2011, 05:18:08 PM
I just updated to the latest versions.  2600.7 Server and 3101 client.  Where are the logs located?  And am I checking the server or the unit?
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: dssc on March 28, 2011, 05:29:34 PM
I just updated to the latest versions.  2600.7 Server and 3101 client.  Where are the logs located?  And am I checking the server or the unit?
The log, I think, on D: drive of the client.
I have UXn-3 at my office with MagicInfo-i Premium, the same connection between SIM-NT and and Display.
I can check if MIP works with MDC functionality on this device. Will let you know tomorrow.
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: dssc on March 29, 2011, 04:01:29 PM
MDC functionality works fine with UXn-3. The same connection between sbb and display (HDMI->DisplayPort). MIP server 2600.7, client 3005.0.
What about to try MagicInfo-i Premium with DX-3?
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: bepsoccer on March 30, 2011, 05:20:16 PM
Does MagicInfo-i Advanced require licensing?  I'd really like to get this working using our existing MIP installation.
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: dssc on March 30, 2011, 05:29:08 PM
Mii Advanced - 60 days trail for 5 clients.
Mii Premium - free licence for 5 clients.
Try to install Mii Advanced client and start it. Mii client generate logs of communication between client and server, you can check it and see if the problem with communication or software.
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: bepsoccer on March 30, 2011, 05:39:12 PM
Where would I obtain MII Premium?  I only seem to have media for MIP, MII standard, and MII Advanced.
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: dssc on March 30, 2011, 07:06:21 PM
On samsunglfd.com
Title: Re: 400DX-3 and SIM-NT
Post by: bepsoccer on March 30, 2011, 08:46:04 PM
Magically the MDC functionality started working after putting the monitor into the same subnet...  So all is well now.  Must be using the broadcast address just like the powering on function.