DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: BLMW on October 25, 2011, 02:09:26 PM

Title: Unable to calculate Flash Size...
Post by: BLMW on October 25, 2011, 02:09:26 PM
Trying to reflash my TV with flash provided by Samsung and I enter the command sfim2_64  /r:1  os.sfi.  I get back the message "unable to calculate flash size..." and it goes back to a c: prompt.  Any thoughts?
Title: Re: Unable to calculate Flash Size...
Post by: dssc on October 25, 2011, 03:39:42 PM
What is the model code of your screen?
What is the OS image original file name before you renamed it to os.sfi?
Title: Re: Unable to calculate Flash Size...
Post by: BLMW on October 25, 2011, 04:08:42 PM
The screen is a LH40BVTLBC/ZA and os.sfi was what it was named on the flash from Samsung.   Here is what was on the Flash.
bootlog.prv, bootlog.txt, command.com, io.sys, os001.sfs, os001.sfs, os.sfi, sfim2_64.exe, sfimlogs.txt.  I hope this helps...
Title: Re: Unable to calculate Flash Size...
Post by: dssc on October 25, 2011, 05:28:22 PM
what is in sfimlogs.txt?
I would advise you to contact [email protected], they will send you proper OS with the instruction on how to re-image the screen.
Title: Re: Unable to calculate Flash Size...
Post by: BLMW on October 27, 2011, 03:40:32 PM
The SFIMLOGS.TXT is corrupt and unreadable.  I will try support again, I have not heard back from anyone so far...
Thanks for your help...