DIGITAL SIGNAGE SUPPORT

Digital Information Displays (Digital Signage) => MagicInfo => Topic started by: Posti123 on December 11, 2009, 09:01:56 AM

Title: Scrolling websites?
Post by: Posti123 on December 11, 2009, 09:01:56 AM
Hello,

I have a website which is higher then my resolution Y, is it possible to automatically scroll content? Or is the content fixed?
I want to display all because the content is very dynamic, so sometimes I need to scroll, sometimes not.

I still do not own the software, I can?t find any infos about the this.

Thanks
Title: Re: Scrolling websites?
Post by: fluidium on December 11, 2009, 09:50:31 AM
Hi, no autoscroll that I am aware of-if you have built the site could you create mirror pages including something like the code below to cause them to autoscroll onload?  -- Or may load the pages into an autoscrolling iframe..

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2>
//change 1 to another integer to alter the scroll speed. Greater is faster
var speed=1
var currentpos=0,alt=1,curpos1=0,curpos2=-1
function initialize(){
startit()
}
function scrollwindow(){
if (document.all &&
!document.getElementById)
temp=document.body.scrollTop
else
temp=window.pageYOffset
if (alt==0)
alt=2
else
alt=1
if (alt==0)
curpos1=temp
else
curpos2=temp
if (curpos1!=curpos2){
if (document.all)
currentpos=document.body.scrollTop+speed
else
currentpos=window.pageYOffset+speed
window.scroll(0,currentpos)
}
else{
currentpos=0
window.scroll(0,currentpos)
}
}
function startit(){
setInterval("scrollwindow()",400)
}
window.onload=initialize
</SCRIPT>
Title: Re: Scrolling websites?
Post by: fluidium on December 11, 2009, 09:52:43 AM
Meant to say "Or maybe load the pages into an autoscrolling iframe.."   ::) ::) :-[