Differences between magicnet X megicinfo magicinfo pro & magicinfo-I

• 7 Replies

Offline artschoolla

Hello   :D

we are looking at purchasing some display screens for our school but I cannot work out the differences between the Samsung systems. There is information on the net but it seems to be a bit sparse so my newbie question is this-

What is the difference between magicnet X megicinfo magicinfo pro & magicinfo-I

DIGITAL SIGNAGE HELP AND SUPPORT

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Differences between magicnet X megicinfo magicinfo pro & magicinfo-I
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:50:54 AM »
Hello, the Samsung product line is quite extensive. From 32" to 82". Within this range, there are different models, CX(n), MX(n), DX(n) and TSn. The letter 'n' means it is a Network monitor. These monitors have Windows XP embedded, and MagicInfo Pro player in installed in all these systems. You have a scheduler/server so that you can compile templates and send content to the monitors through the network. This is a great product and very easy to use. I have some templates that I can send you if you want. These templates have turn the screen off, have BBC 24-hour news, RSS feeds and general easy made templates.

Regars, Bill Coral

Offline artschoolla

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 01:42:20 PM »
Thanks Bill, that is very informative, I have downloaded the magicinfo pro software and installed it now-i would like to take you up on your offer of a template to start me off please  ;)

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »
OK, here is the BBC and the RSS feeds template. Save this to a folder (or desktop - whatever you want) You can shift the frames where you want. You need to go to Library, Tools, Screen, Import and that will be it!

Regards

Bill

DIGITAL SIGNAGE HELP AND SUPPORT

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to send you the link:

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=Y1RybUpaYUlQb0x2Wmc9PQ

Bill

Offline Benji

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 12:58:14 AM »
Hi,

We too are investigating digital signage for our school, could you please let me know where you were able to download a copy of MagicInfo Pro, I'd like to get a feel for the software.

Thanks
Ben

Offline artschoolla

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 07:54:31 AM »
Hi Ben

we downloaded the software from here http://www.samsung.com/us/upgrade/magicinfo_pro_upgrade.zip it has the full system in the zip file  ;D

Offline artschoolla

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 08:00:37 AM »
Bill, thanks so much-I have BBC live news tv from the Internat playing on my preview screen from the file you pointed me to. that's amazing, I didn't realise that this was even possible-I am playing around with it now and so far it seems pretty simple to create screens exactly how I want them  ;D

Will let you know how things progress-thanks very much for your help.