How to display videos?

• 4 Replies

Offline alumwell

How to display videos?
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:38:58 PM »
Althought this might be a real noobish question to some of you, we have the Samsung TV setup and one CD with Magic Info Pro software for making screens (no other CD's). I have created a screen using a laptop which features 3 videos, I hit schedule but the TV only displays the background and a web element whilst missing the 3 videos.

Am I missing something? Does a dedicated server need to be setup to host big files from? Does the laptop need to be on for the TV to call everything from?

DIGITAL SIGNAGE HELP AND SUPPORT

How to display videos?
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:38:58 PM »

Offline fluidium

• Hero Guru
Re: How to display videos?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 06:23:07 PM »
Hello, what video format are you using and have you imported them to the library before publishing? How big are the videos?

Offline alumwell

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
Hi,
Yes the videos have been added to the library and they are .wmv format. No problems playing them on the preview screen using the laptop.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »
Hello, have a look in the D: drive of the client screen (VNC) to ensure they have been published correctly then double click them to check they play ok.

EricL

DIGITAL SIGNAGE HELP AND SUPPORT

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »

Offline alumwell

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »
Hello, have a look in the D: drive of the client screen (VNC) to ensure they have been published correctly then double click them to check they play ok.

EricL

Cheers Eric, I ran one of the wmv files and it needed a codec  ??? I would of though .wmv files were already recognized by the OS but obviously not.