H/W Controls MagicInfo Server 3003.3

• 2 Replies

Offline jhecker

H/W Controls MagicInfo Server 3003.3
« on: December 11, 2014, 01:50:26 PM »
I currently use MagicInfo Premium Server V3.0 2005.2, and have decided to give 3003.3 a shot. 

In 2005.2, there was a GREAT feature (if not a mandatory feature) in the scheduling options for Hardware Controls (button labeled H/W Control in the attached image...marked in RED). 

However, upon creating a schedule in 3003.3, I am not seeing any such functionality (2nd attachment shows lack of H/W Control Button).

I spoke with Samsung, and as we all know their tech support for MagicInfo can sometimes be lacking.  They told me that the support for controlling the displays has been removed in Server 300X.X.  Is it just me, or does this seem like a staple feature has been removed?  In my eyes, it is like taking the Start button off of a microwave...it just makes no sense.

Is it possible that it IS still there, somewhere, and I am overlooking it?  Does anyone have any experience with 3003.3 and is possible able to point me in the right direction?  Or is Samsung correct and the feature is 100% gone for some unknown reason?

Offline Mike

Re: H/W Controls MagicInfo Server 3003.3
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:38:22 AM »
Same experience with me too.

MagicInfo Server V3.0 Build NA-MIIPS-3001.12 still has the H/W control button, but  MagicInfo Server V3.0 Build NA-MIILS-3004.4 does not.

Offline samwieda

• Mega Guru
Re: H/W Controls MagicInfo Server 3003.3
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 01:12:01 PM »
this feature is still here, but you find it now under the same section as the content selection. there is now also the option to choose an other source.

this has been moved as you can have more than one channel in MI3 and you can have a channel which has a swiched off panel and a channel with a content so it makes sense in my point of few having it there.

Regards