Runtime Error...abnormal programme termination...?

  • 6 Replies
  • 6014 Views

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

*

Offline TheWhiteWiltord

  • Newbie
  • *
  • 3
  • 0
Runtime Error...abnormal programme termination...?
« on: May 11, 2010, 02:28:13 PM »
Hi there

We are getting the following error every time we try to publish a schedule or send a message to our 320MXN-2 machine:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\SEC\MagicInfo Pro\MagicInfoPro.exe
abnormal programme termination

All we can do is click OK and the programme closes.

Has anyone ever come across this problem and/or know of a possible solution?

Many thanks.

*

Offline EricL

  • Moderator
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • *****
  • 294
  • 41
Re: Runtime Error...abnormal programme termination...?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 03:48:16 PM »
Hi,

I have not heard of this issue before-may I ask which platform/OS you are running the server software on?

EricL

*

Offline Bill Coral

  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • ******
  • 379
  • 87
Re: Runtime Error...abnormal programme termination...?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 06:38:36 AM »
Hmmm, this C:\Program Files\SEC\MagicInfo Pro\MagicInfoPro.exe is on your PC not the screen?!!! What operating OS do you use on your PC?

Bill

*

Offline TheWhiteWiltord

  • Newbie
  • *
  • 3
  • 0
Re: Runtime Error...abnormal programme termination...?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 12:48:21 PM »
Thanks for your replies.  Yes, the error is on the PC (runninng XP Pro), rather than the screen.  However, it only occurs when users log on to their network account (Server 2003).  Logging on locally means that MagicInfo works OK.  Do you know of a GP setting that may cause (or alleviate) the problem?

*

alex.williamson

  • Guest
Re: Runtime Error...abnormal programme termination...?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »
Thanks for your replies.  Yes, the error is on the PC (runninng XP Pro), rather than the screen.  However, it only occurs when users log on to their network account (Server 2003).  Logging on locally means that MagicInfo works OK.  Do you know of a GP setting that may cause (or alleviate) the problem?

Did you get an update to this?

I think I may have installed this from a network share instead of a local temp directory. Would this cause an issue?

We're running the build 2503.something.

*

Offline TheWhiteWiltord

  • Newbie
  • *
  • 3
  • 0
Re: Runtime Error...abnormal programme termination...?
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 10:48:37 AM »
I take it you're having the same problem?  No.  I didn't get an update.

I can't see that installing from a network share, rather than a local temp dir, would cause any issues.

We continue to run the software via a local account.  Works fairly reliably that way, so haven't bothered to try and change that. 


*

alex.williamson

  • Guest
Re: Runtime Error...abnormal programme termination...?
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »
I take it you're having the same problem?  No.  I didn't get an update.

I can't see that installing from a network share, rather than a local temp dir, would cause any issues.

We continue to run the software via a local account.  Works fairly reliably that way, so haven't bothered to try and change that. 



Yeah I had the same problem. I've even tried hacks using a cmd shortcut using
runas /u:localuser /env /profile ... etc
but there's something wrong with permissions (but right click runas works fine, and I even tried using a third party runas solution). I'm pretty disappointed that this won't work, you'd have thought since this is an enterprise level solution, Samsung would have allowed you to (or documented) ways to get this running in a network environment.

I've had to create a power user local account for the user and just changed the properties on the shortcut to ask for different permissions. As I said I'd have preferred to make it seamless but there's something messed up with the permissions so
runas
won't work properly with it - it's a bit of a mess.

Since the user is logged on using a local account, the MagicInfo Pro application can't access any network resources either, so I just created a temporary "MagicInfo Temporary Files" on the c:\ of his computer and given full access to both his network account and his local account - so at least he can work for now.