Displaying Information From Another Program

• 2 Replies

Offline acerock

Displaying Information From Another Program
« on: May 13, 2010, 06:02:14 AM »
Gday all,

Been searching around for a way to display information from another program on the screen, effectively 'alt-tabbing' for a minute.
I run a cinema and we use a separate program to display our session times on the screen. What I want to do is also display MagicInfo Pro information on the screen.

Is it possible?

Cheers,
Glenn

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Displaying Information From Another Program
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »
Hi Steven

unfortunately magicinfo pro runs full screen by default, I am not sure if you run your other program on another pc, if so maybe you could use the pip function to show the other content. If not and you run the other program same pc could you see if the output is displayed in a web type format, a lot of display stuff is, if this is the case could you link to the output page from magicinfo pro?

Sorry, these are the only two things I can think of to suggest.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Displaying Information From Another Program
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:09:03 PM »
You can only display information from another input through a frame within your template. This is provided you have a screen that can do that. These are the DXn series and the UXn series. There are now the DXn-2 and UXn-2 series, which are fine too. There is no way you can minimise your MagicInfo pro client as Fluidium has correctly mentioned.

Bill