Loop Video Stop

• 10 Replies

Offline JoB

Loop Video Stop
« on: June 08, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »
Hi,

We just setup a new 460-CXN2 Samsung with MagicInfo Pro playing a video in loop (2min25sec) from 8 am to 5 pm. The problem is that the video is only playing for about an hour and the screen become black. The duration is set for 9 hour on the screen config and same thing on the schedule. The video is playing each day it's just stop for X reason. When the video is stopped, we just need to repush the schedule and the video play back for about an hour again. The video is set on repeat so it should play for a while. Do you have any tought on what the problem can be ?

Thank you

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Loop Video Stop
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »
Hello, have you set the screen background for the appropriate time?

If not it will only ply for an hour then stop..

EricL

Offline JoB

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:54:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Yes the background is set for 9 hour of play. The schedule is set for 9 hour of play too.

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »
Hello, I notice something is not quite right here, your screen times and publish times do not match. Can I suggest you close the server program then restart it and check the schedule is the same. In my experience sometimes the schedule can become corrupt for no apparent reason.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:58:36 AM »
Hello everyone - remember that Daily alone (I've noticed your schedule is until the 30 June) is not enough. You need to go to each individual screen and change that as well. Not sure if this is a bug, but you have to enter it on both parts of the scheduling software. Fluidium is right.

Bill

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 10:43:09 PM »
It is definitely a bug since it doesn't happen always. I have noticed that times in schedule sometimes change by themselves. This software is very frustrating and unreliable IMHO.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 11:22:32 PM »
No this is not a bug. You can change the 7 days schedule to 365 days if you wish. This is the maximum one can do in MagicInfo pro. You need to go to Tools, then select Options and then the tab schedule. You will see there the default days that are 7. You can change this to whatever you want to and up to 365 which is a year.

Bill

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 07:13:22 PM »
I am always setting schedule one month ahead without setting it for each individual screen and it works but sometimes it just changes times in schedule for no apparent reason even within minutes from scheduling!? So it has to be a bug or am I missing something? Maybe the reason is not the most recent version of software, I can't update it for now.

P.S.
Can someone explain to me what does the "Set the default period for publishing schedule" exactly mean. If it is for example set to 7 days. If I set only the start date for a screen in scheduler will it play for the next 7 days without setting "End On" option or what?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 11:43:50 AM »
Hi,

"Set the default period of publishing schedule" - This mean when you publish a schedule you publish it for 14 days - to make that clearer, if the value is set to 7 days but your schedule is set to thirty days the schedule sent to your screen will only be for 7 days ahead so you would need to republish again after 7 days or the screen will stop playing after 7 days.

I leave ours set to 365 which is the maximum allowed (obviously) which sends the complete schedule each time I publish.  ;D

EricL

Offline JoB

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 02:40:56 PM »
Hi,

Thx again for all your replies. I double checked the schedule vs time play of the screen and everything is good. The strange thing in this is that when i put a PPT for a day there is no problem. The problem seem to be the software used to play videos.For now to be able to play a video for the day is connecting to the screen PC and start the video in Windows Media Player put if full screen and set repeat. How can the screen play with WMP but not MagicInfoPro ? Any ideas how I can fix the problem.

BTW : Samsung is telling me to contact MagicInfoPro for support but they don't have the phone number, anyone have it ?