Changed MagicInfo Pro server

  • 1 Replies
  • 3158 Views

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

*

Offline jwinters78

  • Newbie
  • *
  • 4
  • 0
Changed MagicInfo Pro server
« on: November 17, 2010, 03:50:47 AM »
I just took over screen management at our Church and moved the screen server from our laptop onto our primary local dedicated server. I am now quite familiar with the server/client software and how they interact. Everything was working on the laptop.


What I've done so far:

- change the server IP on the clients to the new address (10.0.0.1) -- after rebooting the screen, all 3 clients are showing up on the MagicInfo Pro server software (management)
- created the new screens (these are 'cleaner' since I now know what we need... but based off of the originals. Fresh start kind of thing).

Now when I click publish (as I did on the laptop) it shows "Publish Complete" but says 0% and when I vnc to the client, there is nothing in D:\


Are there any steps that I've missed in setting up this new server? Why am I able to connect to the screens and not actually publish?

Before it is asked, the antivirus and firewalls are turned off during testing, and as far as I can tell, the settings are identical on the new server compared to the old setup (laptop).

Any advice/pointers on this would be immensely appreciated!

Jonathan


*

Offline jwinters78

  • Newbie
  • *
  • 4
  • 0
SOLVED: Changed MagicInfo Pro server
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 03:20:18 AM »
Decided to start from scratch:

1. take old server off network
2. install new server software and fully configure and reboot (do all this without reconfiguring the screens/clients)
3. connect to each of the clients and update the info (we use direct IP so i had to change the IP of the server)
4. commit the change under EWF or whatever that is
5. reboot the screen
6. the screens came up in the new server and published smoothly.

Not sure why it was having an issue before... but the only difference was that I configured and rebooted the screens *before* finalizing the reboot of the server. Apparently the server needs to be rebooted before the clients attempt to connect.