About the user account of MagicInfo-I

• 2 Replies

Offline edwin465

« on: April 06, 2011, 11:20:18 AM »
Dear all,

MagicInfo-I provides 8 different types of user account: Guest, Content Manager, Schedule Manager, Device Manager, Content Schedule Manager, Schedule Device Manager, Content Device Manager and Administrator.

I would like to confirm the following problems,
1.   When user login as Content/Schedule Manager, the user only can view and edit the content/schedule.
2.   If there are more than 1 LFD (for example, 10 LFDs denoted as LFD_1~LFD_10) and 3 Content/Schedule Managers (CM_A~CM_C/SM_A~SM_C), can the Administrator assign some specific LFD (several LFDs) for Content/Schedule Managers to manage? Or
LFD_1~LFD_4  for CM_A/SM_A,
LFD_5~LFD_7  for CM_B/SM_B,
LFD_8~LFD_10 for CM_C/SM_C.

In other words, CM_A/SM_A only can view and manage the content/schedule of LFD_1~LFD_4 while CM_A/SM_A cannot view or manage the other LFDs.

So, what my question is, can the Administrator assign some specific LFD (several LFDs) for Content/Schedule Managers to manage? ???

Thank you! :)
Edwin

DIGITAL SIGNAGE HELP AND SUPPORT

« on: April 06, 2011, 11:20:18 AM »

Offline Yael

Re: About the user account of MagicInfo-I
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 05:45:50 PM »
Hi,

This is possible if you set up like follow:
 - LFD_1~LFD_4  and CM_A/SM_A in organisation#1
 - LFD_5~LFD_7  and CM_B/SM_B in organisation#2
 - LFD_8~LFD_10 and CM_C/SM_C in organisation#3

Make sure that CM and SM are unique in their respective organisation, and therefore, will be the only one to manage content or schedule. Connect as super admin to set up organisations. Local admin of organisations can create CM and SM.

Consider the notion of organisation (independant entities) and the notion of groups (inside organisations). Inside one organisation, You can asign any portion of the screen to one or more group.

hope it helps :)

Offline edwin465

Re: About the user account of MagicInfo-I
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:34:32 AM »
Thank you very much!! :)