Latest Version and/or Release Notes

• 6 Replies

Offline GB.Fertig

« on: April 01, 2013, 03:14:25 PM »
Apprently you need a local samsung rep to register as a buiness partner to download MIIP from samsunglfd.

I was able to download the software from http://magicinfostore.com/en/downloads/ however, but it didn't come with release notes.

Does anyone have a set of rleease notes for version 1100.0 server? I was hoping to see if this version had an update to the Apache/Timcat secruity flaw that was in version 1010.6

DIGITAL SIGNAGE HELP AND SUPPORT

« on: April 01, 2013, 03:14:25 PM »

Offline jvigno

Re: Latest Version and/or Release Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
I don't have that versions release notes handy... but here is the release notes from the Current version of Magic Info:

MagicInfo Premium 2.0 Release Notes

Release Date: Apr 08, 2013

Build Number: Author 2000.3 | Player 2000.3

The Release Notes document covers the following topics:
-       Installation Notes
-       What’s New
-       Resolved Issues

What’s New in Version 2000.x
Resolved Issues

-  Author (2000.2 to 2000.3)
             Modify bug: Problem related to not correctly displaying Arab sentence.

-  Client (2000.2 to 2000.3)
             Modify bug: Problem related to not properly playing group contents.

Release Date: Mar 25, 2013
Build Number: Author 2000.2 | Player 2000.2 | DataLink Server 2000.3

-       What’s New
-       Resolved Issues

- DataLink Server (2000.1 to 2000.2)
Additional feature: JAVA(JRE)7 is installed automatically instead of JAVA(JRE)6.
Additional feature: Change the version management system of data in order to improve the data collection capability

Resolved Issues
-  Author (2000.1 to 2000.2)
         Modify bug: problem related to not correctly displaying UTF-8, Unicode text file in Text Element
-  Client (2000.1 to 2000.2)
             Modify bug: fix the problem related to memory leak, when user set Global Play Policy is Play on Every Page in .LFD which has some contents in Global page

- DataLink Server (2000.1 to 2000.2)
Modify bug: problem related to cannot access to public folder in Excel module.
- DataLink Server (2000.2 to 2000.3)
Modify bug: problem related to cannot type with multi-languages on custom column.
Modify bug: problem related to don't have a character limit on custom column.

Offline jvigno

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:38:06 PM »
Part 2 of release notes

Release Date: March 11, 2013
Build Number: Server 2000.1 | Author 2000.1 | Client 2000.1 | DataLink Server 2000.1

-       What’s New
-       Resolved Issues
What’s New
This section lists all maintenance releases of MagicInfo Premium

-  Server (1100.3 to 2000.1)
             Additional feature : Name is changed(MagicInfo-i -> MagicInfo)
             Additional feature : SOC model devices are supported.
             Additional feature : JAVA(JRE)7 is installed automatically instead of JAVA(JRE)6.
             Additional feature : Tomcat 64bit is installed and operated in 64bits OS.
             Additional feature : UX is enhanced.
             Additional UX feature : Content and Playlist menu are separated.
             Additional UX feature : In content list, Content can be add/remove to playlist directly.
             Additional UX feature : DLK is supported to set refresh interval of each content.
             Additional UX feature : LFT support flash file and it’s inner datalink.
             Additional UX feature : Playlist support expired date for each content.
             Additional UX feature : Playlist preview is enhanced to view all content.
             Additional UX feature : Playlist preview is enhanced to view all content.
             Additional UX feature : Content Schedule step is reduced simply.
             Additional UX feature : Message Schedule step is reduced simply.
             Additional UX feature : Device sliding dashboard is supported to order popular device control.
             Additional UX feature : Device content download status is presented to percentage in monitoring detail info.
             Additional UX feature : Device system usage is presented to graph in monitoring detail info.
             Additional UX feature : Non-approved device is automatically set to one’s device model.
             Additional UX feature : Device log list is moved to service history page of setting menu.
             Additional UX feature : Content type Filtering is supported in content list directly.
             Additional UX feature : Device type Filtering is supported in playlist and device list.
             Additional UX feature : Role of Content Schedule Manager is supported by default role.
             Additional UX feature : Statistics of new content play frequency is supported.
             Additional UX feature : All content played log are supplied to CSV files in detail statistics report.
             Additional UX feature : Dashboard is moved to top menu from left-bottom side.
             Additional UX feature : Group Editing is enhanced.

-  Author (1100.1 to 2000.1)
             Additional feature : Name is changed(MagicInfo-i -> MagicInfo)
             Additional feature : SOC model devices are supported.
Additional feature : Add control buttons to the contents preview.
Additional UX feature : Toolbar buttons GUI is changed.
Additional UX feature : Titlebars GUI of docking window is changed.

-  Client (1100.9 to 2000.1)

Additional feature : Name and logo are changed(MagicInfo-i Premium -> MagicInfo Premium i)
             Additional feature : Add RDC update.

Resolved Issues

-  Author (1100.1 to 2000.1)
             Modify bug: problem related to not displaying next article in RSS element.
             Modify bug: problem related to cannot retrieve LFT contents when reloading on Server Content Window.
             Modify bug: problem related to disappearing global properties on global element when read LFD contents.
             Modify bug: problem related to application crashes when preview on a computer which DirectX is not installed.

Offline GB.Fertig

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »
Hrmm Looks like I need a different version than 1100. What is the best way to get the install files for "MagicInfo Premium 2.0", I didn't have a local Samsung rep to register as a business partner. Magic Info store only had up to 1100. You don’t happen to have the install files on some kind of google drive or dropbox do you?

DIGITAL SIGNAGE HELP AND SUPPORT

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »

Offline jvigno

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
Shoot me an email jvigno at gmail.com and I will try to do that for you in the next day or 2.  Just put the subject MagicInfoI

Offline GB.Fertig

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 03:09:15 PM »
Get my e-mail?

Offline jvigno

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 01:17:48 AM »
Got it. Sent you a link