Magic Info Server + Postgres

• 3 Replies

Offline BeHeaven616

« on: May 14, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »
Hello!

I recently tried to install magic info Server v. 4101-8 but i am stuck at an error 500 message after logging into magic info web interface.

i installed postgresql-10.3-3-windows-x64.exe and set a password for the db, then i opened up the magic info server setup, chose postgres (express/ Full/ http) hit next and dial in the postgres Password. After the installation was complete i made sure the magic info services were running.

The next step was opening the web interface with http://localhost:7001/MagicInfo
The web interface opens up fast, i try to log in with the admin user and pw, and then i get the oops, error 500 message.

Do i miss any installation steps? my native language is german and all the user manuals i find online are english/ chinese so they are not very helpful. Also i cant find any tutorials online on how to set up everything properly.

i also need to say that i try installing the software on a company notebook, the login process also happens on the same device.

Oh and i have a question by the way: The point of installing magic info for us is to get a samsung SBB-SS08EL1/EN working for a video wall in our company. the display should show a website with java components, but we dont know if thats even possible!!

Thank you for your help and greetings from austria!

DIGITAL SIGNAGE HELP AND SUPPORT

« on: May 14, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »

Offline Pepijn

• Major Guru
Re: Magic Info Server + Postgres
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:13:25 PM »
Hello,

You could look in the log files to see what is going on.

You can find the log file:
C:\MagicInfo Premium\tomcat\logs
in localhost.*.log
or
C:\MagicInfo Premium\runtime\logs

Kind regards,
Pepijn.

Offline BeHeaven616

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »
okay i will post the error codes as soon as i get magicinfo setup done again.
May someone consider helping me whith that?

I run into the following problem: So my coworker gave me the advice to install an older version of psotgres due to compatibility issues to our network.

i uninstalled both, magicinfo and postgres, deleted all of the remaining folders on my harddrive and the restartet my machine. after installing postgres with pgadmin console and setting a pw i took another step and tried to install magicinfo again. Now when i have to dial in the pg password i get an error "check db password".

For all my tries to get this system running i always used the same pg password. now, what password ever i set in pg, magic info wont take it!

any ideas?

Offline Maciej

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 02:25:56 PM »
I had to install postgres 9.3.8-1 64bit to make it work, older version would throw error 500 saying db doesn't exist, with this version they've gone away with creating a local user to access the database which might've been the cause of issues. That's with java 7.25 installed, install was just next until finish and worked fine since

DIGITAL SIGNAGE HELP AND SUPPORT

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 02:25:56 PM »