Problem with 'Office' screen area

• 3 Replies

Offline pkennedy

Problem with 'Office' screen area
« on: October 14, 2011, 03:44:18 PM »
I am a newbie to all this.. Got a display dropped in my lap a couple weeks ago.  It seems like a neat thing, but having some trouble getting it to work the way I want.  At first couldn't get it to work at all.. but after discovering that my SAV firewall was blocking the client/server from communicating I finally was able to start experimenting with some content (a couple days ago).

Ok, so In MagicInfo Pro.  Help/about says 2509.B. 

I set up a screen area to display a powerpoint.  When I publish the content the first time, the display w/in the defined Office area os the screen said:

"Navigation to the webpage cancelled. What you can try: Retype the address" 

So I figured that I needed the powerpoint viewer on the display itself in order for this to work.. I closed magic info client, installed the powerpoint 2010 viewer on the display via thumb drive.. NOW the file opens... but in the powerpoint viewer.. NOT in the defined Office area!  Why is the screen area defined as "Office" STILL giving an error about a Web Page  ??? and not trying to display the Powerpoint???  The scn file has the area defined correctly and pointed to the correct file.. The file in question was downloaded to the display..  What am I missing???!!!  I've been using the "bang head here' area on MY screen a lot!  Very frustrated lol.  Help would be greatly appreciated! 

Offline Sam-Sung

Re: Problem with 'Office' screen area
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
Same problem here..  :-[

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »
Install latest MIP s/w, you can download it from samsunglfd.com if you are registered as a partne. or you can get the s/w by sending request to [email protected] with you screen s/w and model code.
Old MIP does not support ppt documents in windowed screen area.
Use PPT viewer 2003 or 2007.
I would advise to re-image your OS and install everything from scratch.

Offline member

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 11:31:31 PM »
I too am having this problem.   I have Magicinfo Pro 2600.15 on the server side, and 3102.4 client on my 2 screens (a 40 inch and 55 inch with the SIM computer modules installed)

I thought this was the newest software.  If there is something newer could you please tell me where to download it from?

thanks for all the help.